Hurricane Season Starts Two Months From Today.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Internationally respected weather forecasting firm AccuWeather is calling for an active 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season.
The company’s report, just out, calls for 16-20 named storms, with 6-8 hurricanes, 3-5 of them becoming “major”hurricanes, and 4-6 of those hurricanes making direct U.S. Impact.
In 2021, AccuWeather says that officially, there were 21 named storms with 7 hurricanes, 4 major hurricanes, and 8 systems making direct impact to the United States.
We are entering the season where several different organizations will be making predictions. Colorado State University is expected to release its annual prediction on April 7th.
The first five names this year: Alex, Bonnie, Colin, Danielle, and Earl. The Atlantic Hurricane Season starts on June 1st and runs through November 30th.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton