COVID Spreading Again Across Region.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Centers for Disease Control Wednesday extended the “airplane mask mandate” once again. It now runs to May 3rd. The mandate, which covers most forms of public transportation, was set to expire on Monday.
More than 20 states, including Florida, sued the Biden Administration and the CDC, claiming they lack the authority to enact and enforce the mandate. A key element of the suit is the claim that COVID cases are dropping so the mandate is unnecessary. But almost on cue, the Omicron Subvarient is now spreading — and public health officials are concerned.
In Palm Beach County, the KINSA Healthweather report reveals a notable increase in predicted COVID spread. Using thermometers that transmit anonymized data to the Kinsa health system, the healthcare data company accurately predicted the first wave — and then subsequent waves — of COVID-19. Public health officials worldwide now rely on Kinsa for its data and analytics.
As of Wednesday, April 13th, 2022, Kinsa says that Palm Beach County is in the upper half of “moderate risk.” The area had been in the green zone for several weeks.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida