COVID Spreading Again Across Region.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Centers for Disease Control Wednesday extended the “airplane mask mandate” once again. It now runs to May 3rd. The mandate, which covers most forms of public transportation, was set to expire on Monday.
More than 20 states, including Florida, sued the Biden Administration and the CDC, claiming they lack the authority to enact and enforce the mandate. A key element of the suit is the claim that COVID cases are dropping so the mandate is unnecessary. But almost on cue, the Omicron Subvarient is now spreading — and public health officials are concerned.
In Palm Beach County, the KINSA Healthweather report reveals a notable increase in predicted COVID spread. Using thermometers that transmit anonymized data to the Kinsa health system, the healthcare data company accurately predicted the first wave — and then subsequent waves — of COVID-19. Public health officials worldwide now rely on Kinsa for its data and analytics.
As of Wednesday, April 13th, 2022, Kinsa says that Palm Beach County is in the upper half of “moderate risk.” The area had been in the green zone for several weeks.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW