Crash Shut 441 In Boca Raton For Hours.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The seventeen-year-old young man killed near The Oaks on Monday was a junior at Spanish River High School.
BocaNewsNow.com, while not required to do so, is honoring a request made by the family to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office to invoke Marsy’s Law which prevents law enforcement from revealing the name of a victim. News media, as always, is permitted to obtain identities from other sources. While we have confirmed the identity, we are opting to not name the student at this time.
Sources within Spanish River High School say many students are “distraught” and “shocked” at the death of a well-liked classmate. The Palm Beach County School District says counselors have been available to students since the death was announced to the student body on Tuesday morning.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says a 79-year-old man leaving The Oaks pulled onto 441, cutting off the teen who was driving northbound on U.S. 441 just after 3 p.m. on Monday. The teen, who police said is not at fault, slammed into the man’s Audi, was ejected from the motorcycle, and died on the scene. Sources say he was pronounced dead by first arriving paramedics. The crash caused unprecedented traffic delays in the area, as 441 was closed and area feeder roads — many under construction — were jammed for hours.
It was not immediately clear if the driver of the Audi will face charges or a citation. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police