Fake Detective, Sgt., Or Deputy Claiming A Signature Is Needed. Listen To The Audio, Below.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says the call being made to area residents from someone claiming to be a Seargent, Detective, or Deputy in need of a signature is fraud.
“This is an imposter,” said PBSO in a statement. “The caller, at least in some of the calls, claims to be Sgt. Timothy McCann from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office. The imposter is advising the recipient of the call that he needs to speak with them regarding a confidential matter.”
The caller is using a callback number of 561-803-0412, although that number may change now that PBSO has outed the scam.
If you receive a call like this, PBSO asks you to hang up and call 911. The audio is below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified