Woman Killed. Driver Flees. Cops Search.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The driver of a white Chevy Equinox is sought by the Broward Sheriff’s Office after that person allegedly hit and killed a woman in Deerfield Beach, just south of Boca Raton, Wednesday night.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office released this advisory:
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a fatal hit-and-run crash that occurred Wednesday night in Deerfield Beach.
According to detectives, at approximately 9:27 p.m. on Wednesday, April 13, a female pedestrian was walking northbound in a parking lot at 1674 W. Hillsboro Blvd. when the driver of a 2018-2022 white Chevrolet Equinox was traveling eastbound in the parking lot. When the pedestrian turned to walk back to the sidewalk, she was struck by the vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle fled the parking lot, heading northbound in the southbound lanes of Goolsby Boulevard. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported the victim to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced deceased.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Sean Strzalkowski at 954-321-4845. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org or dial **TIPS (8477) from any cellphone in the United States. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $5,000.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY