Rideshare Service Follows Airports, Airlines After U.S. District Court Ruling.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Rideshare service Uber Monday morning announced it is no longer requiring masks for passengers or drivers. The move follows the order by U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle on Monday to end the federal transportation mask mandate. Mizelle, who sits in Tampa, said the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention overstepped its authority when it ordered the mandate without public hearings or discussion.
While Mizelle’s order acknowledged that the request to overturn the mandate was made by a small group, there was no way to selectively un-enforce the mandate so throwing out the entire rule was the only remedy.
Late Monday, Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport became the first South Florida airport to announce it was officially done enforcing masks. The mandate is also not being enforced at Palm Beach International Airport or Miami International Airports.
Most major airlines, including American, Delta, United, Southwest, JetBlue, and Alaska all announced that masking on board is now “optional.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit