PALM BEACH COUNTY HITS TROUBLING HIGH MARK. AGAIN.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just when you thought COVID was old news, the positivity rate in Palm Beach County for new cases is now 7.9 percent — that is the highest level since February.
Statewide, Florida soared to potentially troubling levels. It is now 6.1-percent, according to data released by the Florida Department of Health. That is the highest statewide positivity rate logged since early February as Omicron was starting to fade.
To put the statewide 6.1-percent positivity rate, and Palm Beach County’s 7.9-percent positivity rate into perspective, lockdowns started in the early days of COVID when the local positivity rate hit 5-percent. Over the past several months, statewide positivity hit 8.1 percent for the week ending February 11ht, 1.9-percent for the week ending March 11th, and has continued to steadily climb. The positivity rate in Florida was 4.9-percent for the week ending April 8th.
Florida also reported 20,860 new COVID-19 cases for the week ending April 21st, the highest “new case count” since the week ending February 18th. As with positivity rates, the new case count hit a high of 42,378 for the week ending February 11th, dropped to 8,038 for the week ending March 11th, and steadily rose to this week’s recent high.
The Florida Department of Health also reports 336 people died from COVID, in Florida, over the past week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella