BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A 12-year-old student in Pompano Beach, just south of Boca Raton, is facing serious charges after allegedly threatening to kill people in Crystal Lake Middle School.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office just issued this advisory:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Threat Management Unit detectives arrested a 12-year-old Crystal Lake Middle School student on Tuesday on charges of making written threats to kill.
Earlier that morning, a student at the school learned of the threat and posted the information on social media as a warning to others about a possible school shooting. A BSO school resource deputy immediately began investigating and identified the individual responsible for making the threat.
The threat outlined a detailed plan to “infiltrate the school from all entrances” and “start little by little killing people.” Detectives arrested the 12-year-old and transported him to the Juvenile Assessment Center for processing. No weapons were recovered at the school, and the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
BSO reminds the community that these types of threats are taken seriously, investigated fully and could result in criminal charges.
Broward Sheriff’s Office reminds students and parents that anyone who is aware of a school threat should contact local law enforcement — regardless of County — immediately.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON