BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A 12-year-old student in Pompano Beach, just south of Boca Raton, is facing serious charges after allegedly threatening to kill people in Crystal Lake Middle School.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office just issued this advisory:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Threat Management Unit detectives arrested a 12-year-old Crystal Lake Middle School student on Tuesday on charges of making written threats to kill.
Earlier that morning, a student at the school learned of the threat and posted the information on social media as a warning to others about a possible school shooting. A BSO school resource deputy immediately began investigating and identified the individual responsible for making the threat.
The threat outlined a detailed plan to “infiltrate the school from all entrances” and “start little by little killing people.” Detectives arrested the 12-year-old and transported him to the Juvenile Assessment Center for processing. No weapons were recovered at the school, and the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
BSO reminds the community that these types of threats are taken seriously, investigated fully and could result in criminal charges.
Broward Sheriff’s Office reminds students and parents that anyone who is aware of a school threat should contact local law enforcement — regardless of County — immediately.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS