BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The owner of popular Palm Beach County amusement attraction “Rapids Water Park” is facing a lawsuit just filed by a woman who says she was critically injured while exiting the “lazy river” last year.
Rosa Martinez of Miami-Dade County says she was enjoying the “lazy river” on April 10th, 2021 when she “injured her foot by debris/and/or artifact/object inside the pool.” The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, does not specify what the object was.
The object, however, was allegedly sharp enough to cause critical injury. Attorneys for Martinez claim she sustained “severe, grievous and permanent injuries, physical and mental pain and suffering, disability, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, and loss of earnings.”
The suit names “Rapid Holdings Attractions” and “Premier Parks, LLC” as defendants. Rapids Water Park, a South Florida mainstay, is located at 6566 North Military Trail in West Palm Beach. No response to the lawsuit had been filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court as of 9 a.m. Sunday.
Rapids Water Park opened in 1979 and spans 35 acres with 42 water rides.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck