BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The owner of popular Palm Beach County amusement attraction “Rapids Water Park” is facing a lawsuit just filed by a woman who says she was critically injured while exiting the “lazy river” last year.
Rosa Martinez of Miami-Dade County says she was enjoying the “lazy river” on April 10th, 2021 when she “injured her foot by debris/and/or artifact/object inside the pool.” The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, does not specify what the object was.
The object, however, was allegedly sharp enough to cause critical injury. Attorneys for Martinez claim she sustained “severe, grievous and permanent injuries, physical and mental pain and suffering, disability, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, and loss of earnings.”
The suit names “Rapid Holdings Attractions” and “Premier Parks, LLC” as defendants. Rapids Water Park, a South Florida mainstay, is located at 6566 North Military Trail in West Palm Beach. No response to the lawsuit had been filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court as of 9 a.m. Sunday.
Rapids Water Park opened in 1979 and spans 35 acres with 42 water rides.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit