BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is set to make all lunch and breakfast service free for students during the 2022-2023 school year.
While food service has traditionally been available at low or no cost for families proving financial hardship, the Palm Beach County School Board is set to approve the following language during its May 11th public meeting:
“Per the requirements of the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, School Food Service (SFS) meal prices must be approved annually by the School Board. School Food Service will continue to offer breakfast at no cost to all students who attend a school serviced by the School Food Service Department. In addition, The School Food Service Department will offer free lunches to all students who attend a school serviced by the School Food Service Department under the the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).”
Approval is expected. It was not immediately clear if families that have no financial hardship will be encouraged to pay for food or make donations to their schools in the amount that would have been spent for breakfast and lunch.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH