Man Dies, Lawsuit Alleges Negligence, Incompetence.
”Lake View Failed To Prevent Mental And Physical Abuse…”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A lawsuit just filed against Lake View Care Center in Delray Beach alleges that workers were so incompetent and negligent that their actions led to a man’s death.
Arnold Schaub, according to the suit, developed sepsis, was dehydrated, malnourished, suffered from infections, and respiratory failure in the time before he died at the facility. The suit, filed by a family member, alleges that staff members at Lake View Care Center “failed to develop, implement, and update an adequate and appropriate protective and support services (plan) for Mr. Schaub.”
The suit additionally claims that Lake View Care Center “failed to properly notify the family and physicians of Arnold Schaub of significant changes in his health status, such as suffering the development and deterioration of infections and sepsis and suffering the development of respiratory failure.”
Workers, according to the suit, also failed to take and maintain accurate records for Mr. Schaub’s care.
Mr. Schaub died on May 1st, 2020. The suit seeks in excess of the $30,000 statutory minimum required to file in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Lake View had not filed a response to the suit as of early Tuesday, May 10, 2022. The Schaub family is represented by Attorney William Dean of Ford, Dean and Rotundo in North Miami Beach.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH