Held Without Bond As Of Midday Tuesday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Delray Beach resident Rasheen Norman remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Tuesday afternoon following his late night arrest by the Delray Beach Police Department.
An affidavit of probable cause reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com states that Norman admitted to hitting a dog in his home multiple times with a stick “5 or 6 times,” causing abrasions and lacerations to the dog, and then attacking a female in his home who asked him why he hit the dog in the first place. That woman allegedly was out at the time of the incident, but called police after discovering blood when she got home.
Wrote police: ”I observed a fresh laceration on the side of the dog’s body, on top of his head, and a swollen right eye. (The woman) stated when left the house earlier this morning, the dog was not injured in this way. The stick collected by officers appeared to have dried blood on one end.”
Rasheen Norman apparently told police that the dog nipped at him causing him to the attack the dog, but admitted that the dog did not ”latch on.”
Police charged Rasheen Norman with domestic violence as well as cruel to animals. He is being held without bond. Norman’s home is listed as the 300 block of NW 5th Avenue in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon