Positivity Rate Soars Again. What’s Old Is What’s New.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County is again in bad COVID shape. The latest data from the United States Centers for Disease Control reveals that Palm Beach County’s transmission rate is again ”high,” with a stunning 49 percent increase in new cases over the past week.
The CDC says 64,249 cases were logged over the past seven days. This does not include people who tested positive at home and did not report that positive test to a medical provider.
We note the data is attributed to the Florida Department of Health, but the department, under the order of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, only issues reports every two weeks. In ”off weeks,” like this week, data is released by the CDC.
According to the latest data, the positivity rate is returning to all-time highs. It is currently sitting at 19.97 percent in Palm Beach County.
Despite popular belief, people are still dying from COVID-19 as well. Eleven people died from COVID, in Palm Beach County, over the past week. Hospitalizations, however, remain relatively low. Just 3.1 percent of available hospital beds in Palm Beach County are being used by COVID-19 patients, according to official data. 182 people, according to the CDC were admitted to a Palm Beach County hospital for COVID treatment over the reporting period.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart