BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman claims she was viciously assaulted and battered at Boomers Amusement Park in Boca Raton. That woman is now suing Boomers, claiming employees knew there was the possibility of assault or battery on the property, but the company did nothing about it.
The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claims that Melissa Weatherwax was at Boomers at 3100 Airport Road on April 12th, 2020. That’s when she says that she was “battered by an unknown third party and caused to suffer serious bodily injuries.”
The suit claims that Boomers “failed to provide any security for Weatherwax, failed to provide adequate security for Weatherwax, failed to warn Weatherwax of the likely potential for assault and battery on the premises, and failed to warn Weatherwax of the likely potential for assault and battery on the premises.”
Weatherwax says she suffered physical pain, incurred medical expense, suffered physical handicap, aggravation of a pre-existing injury, and her working ability was impaired.”
It was not immediately clear if Weatherwax filed a police report, or if surveillance cameras documented the alleged attack.
Weatherwax seeks in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. She is represented by the Rogers Law Group of Fort Lauderdale.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon