Employee, Assigned To Keep Patient Safe, Allegedly Falls On Patient.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton Regional Hospital employee — assigned to keep a patient safe — allegedly fell on the patient injuring them both. The patient, Thea Alfano, is now suing Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
According to the complaint reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, Alfano was being escorted from one part of the hospital’s campus to another when the incident occurred.
“On or about June 19, 2021,” wrote attorneys, ”Thea Alfano was walking with a Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee when Alfano tripped and fell and the BRRH employee fell on top of her.”
It was not immediately clear where on the campus the fall occurred, or what led Thea Alfano to trip. Alfano claims she was critically injured, suffered pain, disability, physical impairment, and mental anguish. The suit does not state if she was treated for any of these issues at Boca Raton Regional in the moments after the fall.
Alfano is represented by Todd Baker of Kogan and DiSalvo in Boynton Beach. Boca Raton Regional Hospital did not immediately file a response to the claim.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching
- Massachusetts Man Allegedly Batters Driver After Boca Raton Crash