Employee, Assigned To Keep Patient Safe, Allegedly Falls On Patient.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton Regional Hospital employee — assigned to keep a patient safe — allegedly fell on the patient injuring them both. The patient, Thea Alfano, is now suing Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
According to the complaint reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, Alfano was being escorted from one part of the hospital’s campus to another when the incident occurred.
“On or about June 19, 2021,” wrote attorneys, ”Thea Alfano was walking with a Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee when Alfano tripped and fell and the BRRH employee fell on top of her.”
It was not immediately clear where on the campus the fall occurred, or what led Thea Alfano to trip. Alfano claims she was critically injured, suffered pain, disability, physical impairment, and mental anguish. The suit does not state if she was treated for any of these issues at Boca Raton Regional in the moments after the fall.
Alfano is represented by Todd Baker of Kogan and DiSalvo in Boynton Beach. Boca Raton Regional Hospital did not immediately file a response to the claim.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Says 90 Percent Chance System Forms
- Decomposing Body Found In Boynton Beach