FLORIDA NUMBERS JUMPING AGAIN AS COVID-19 SPREADS STATEWIDE.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County’s COVID-19 situation is bad and getting worse. It may no longer be a daily headline, but even the Florida Department of Health — with sometimes questionable data — says the positivity rate in Palm Beach County is exceptionally high.
The latest report reveals that Palm Beach County’s COVID positivity rate for new cases is now 17.1-percent. That is among the highest positivity rates in all of Florida, and covers just the past two weeks. During that time period, Florida logged 71,797 NEW COVID-19 cases. That is up from 66,825 new cases from the previous reporting period and continues a stunning increase since March 25th. That’s when Florida reported just 10,113 new cases for the previous week.
The death count in Florida, since official COVID statistics began, is now 74,590 according to the Florida Department of Health.
The latest report is released as summer camps open for the 2022 season. At least one in South Palm Beach County is requiring masks for all children. Nationwide, several summer camps are now canceling visiting days, while requiring campers to test negative for COVID multiple times before being permitted onto camp grounds.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart