Massive Response For Almost Unbelievable Incident.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A report of a shooting Monday night at 1620 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach led to a massive response from police and fire rescue. Sources connected to first responders tell BocaNewsNow.com that authorities believed two people may have been shot on the street. That lead to a closure of Federal Highway and a requirement that EMTs stay a few blocks away from the scene until given the ”all clear” by police.
But after rushing to the scene and securing the area, police realized that it wasn’t a shooting at all. It was understandable, however, why bystanders thought there may have a been a critically injured person and called for help, but it turned out there was no gunfire.
There was a man — apparently very, very drunk — with a red circle on his shirt. Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that he was swaying, staggering, and acting like someone might act if they’ve been shot and didn’t die instantly. Add a shirt with a red circle to the equation and it’s clear why people thought this man — merely drunk — was shot in the chest.
Paramedics transported the intoxicated man to an area hospital. The scene was cleared roughly half an hour after the incident started. We are told a Palm Beach County emergency dispatcher — a position where one imagines professionals have heard everything at least once — sounded somewhat incredulous as she told emergency workers waiting for the ”all clear” so they could provide emergency medical services that it wasn’t a shooting at all, just a drunk man wearing a shirt with a red circle.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart