Man Claims Bad Trip Following Restroom Visit…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Palm Beach County man allegedly tripped and fell after returning from the bathroom at City Oyster Bar, 213 East Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach. The fall, he claims, was so severe that it caused traumatic injury to his shoulder.
Michael Bloom claims that the ”elevation change” between the bathroom and the dining area at City Oyster Bar is unsafe, and that employees did nothing at the restaurant to make it safe. He suing the restaurant owner, Big Time Restaurant Group, claiming it is responsible for his August, 2021 fall.
“Michael Bloom left the elevated seating area to use the restroom,” wrote attorneys in the lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. ”As he was returning to the area where he was seated, he had to traverse across a dark brown rug to reach the elevated area. He tripped and fell in this area suffering acute traumatic injuries to his right shoulder.”
The suit claims that Bloom’s fall induced, ”pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, significant and permanent scarring, loss of capacity for enjoyment of life,” and more. He and wife Candice Saketkoo, also named in the suit, seek in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Bloom is represented by Zappitell Law Firm in Delray Beach. Big Time Restaurants had not filed a response to the suit as of Tuesday morning, June 21st, 2022.
Read the complete suit, below.Oyster-Bar
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching