COPS: Zachary Brown More Than Double Legal Limit.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boynton Beach resident Zachary Brown is facing an enhanced DUI charge after he allegedly drove into the gate at ”Tuscany On The Intracoastal” at 2300 South Federal Highway. He then proceeded to Taco Bell.
A witness to the alleged gate crash reported the incident to police around 1 a.m. Tuesday. The witness identified the crash vehicle as a black Chevy pickup truck, which Boynton Beach Police found in line at a nearby Taco Bell drive-thru. Behind the wheel: Zachary Brown. Police say Brown told them he was at a party in Boca Raton where he drank ”a few Top Chico alcoholic beverages. Brown later stated that he consumed approximately six cans.”
Police say Brown refused to take part in a field sobriety test, but did ultimately consent to a breath alcohol test. His samples yielded results of .196 and .194. The legal limit in Florida is .08.
Brown, who lives in the 3100 block of Tuscany Way in Boynton Beach, is now charged with ”DUI Property Damage (Enhanced)” and ”leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 5:29 Tuesday morning and later released on his own recognizance. A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Audi Strikes, Kills Woman In North Broward County
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Wave Unlikely To Become Threat To South Florida
- Brightline Train Kills Another, This Time In Lake Worth Beach
- Valencia Reserve HOA Sues Over Lawn Killing Virus
- COPS: Delray Beach Mom Stabs Son With Scissors Over Cake Crumbs
- Brighton Beach Bagel Delray Beach Cited By Health Inspector
- Water May Taste Weird In Boynton Beach Later This Week
- FAU Awards Local Teachers For Holocaust Education Excellence
- TROPICAL WAVE EXPECTED TO GROW, POSSIBLE DEPRESSION LATER IN WEEK