UPDATED: 2 p.m. Saturday, June 25, 2022
BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching two waves that may develop into tropical systems over the next several days. One, far east of Florida, now has a 60 percent chance of development. Another, in the Gulf of Mexico, has a 20 percent chance of development.
National Hurricane Center Saturday Afternoon Outlook
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Sat Jun 25 2022
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Tropical Atlantic: The low-level wind field associated with a tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic Ocean has become better defined today, but the wave is only producing limited shower activity. Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of this system over the next few days, and a tropical depression could form during the early to middle part of next week. This system is forecast to move westward at 15 to 20 mph over the tropical Atlantic, approach the Windward Islands on Tuesday, and move across the southern Caribbean Sea on Wednesday and Thursday. Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent. Formation chance through 5 days…medium…60 percent.
- Northwestern Gulf of Mexico: An area of low pressure could form early next week over the northern Gulf of Mexico. Any development of this system would likely be slow to occur as it drifts westward across the northwestern Gulf of Mexico. Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent. Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Luis Vuitton Bag Incident
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD