BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Care is so poor at Encore Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Boca Raton that a patient’s skin deteriorated to the point of needing hospitalization. That’s the claim in a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the filing, Elliot Alderstein was admitted to Encore in Boca on May 26th, 2021. ”He had no skin breakdown in his sacral area,” wrote attorneys. ”Due to Defendant’s negligence, he developed a sacral pressure sore at their facility, and due to their extreme negligence they never documented, assessed or treated the injury at all.”
Alderstein was rushed to an area hospital where the injury was photographed by medical personnel before excruciating and lengthy treatment began.
“Not surprisingly,” wrote attorneys, ”the pressure sore ultimately required debridement surgery, became infected, has caused significant medical pain and suffering, and medical expense.”
The suit also alleges that Encore Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Boca Raton violated federal statute by failing to exercise reasonable care while operating a nursing home.
Alderstein is represented by Gordon and Partners in Palm Beach Gardens.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW