BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Care is so poor at Encore Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Boca Raton that a patient’s skin deteriorated to the point of needing hospitalization. That’s the claim in a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the filing, Elliot Alderstein was admitted to Encore in Boca on May 26th, 2021. ”He had no skin breakdown in his sacral area,” wrote attorneys. ”Due to Defendant’s negligence, he developed a sacral pressure sore at their facility, and due to their extreme negligence they never documented, assessed or treated the injury at all.”
Alderstein was rushed to an area hospital where the injury was photographed by medical personnel before excruciating and lengthy treatment began.
“Not surprisingly,” wrote attorneys, ”the pressure sore ultimately required debridement surgery, became infected, has caused significant medical pain and suffering, and medical expense.”
The suit also alleges that Encore Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Boca Raton violated federal statute by failing to exercise reasonable care while operating a nursing home.
Alderstein is represented by Gordon and Partners in Palm Beach Gardens.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?