AFTERNOON UPDATE: NOW 611 CANCELED, 3,475 DELAYED…
BY: TRAVEL DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 4:08 p.m: FLL is now reporting 135 delays with eight canceled flights, PBI is reporting 33 delays with three canceled flights, and MIA reports 22 cancelations with 140 delays. Information courtesy FlightAware.com.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s going to be a tough day to travel. As of 9:15 a.m. Saturday, 425 flights into, out of, or within the United States have already been canceled, with 1,338 delays. The data, from FlightAware.com, shows that predictions of a terrible travel weekend may be accurate.
In Fort Lauderdale, 55 delays are posted as of 9:15 a.m., with United, JetBlue and American canceling a total of 4 flights so far. The delays span all airlines, with Southwest posting 18 delays and Spirit posting 17.
At Palm Beach International, 15 delays are on the books, courtesy of Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, and American. Delta has canceled one flight out of PBI as of 9:15.
At Miami International, 15 flights have been canceled so far, with ten attributed to American Airlines, three to Delta, and two to Air Canada. Perhaps surprisingly, there are no delays reported for Miami International Airport as of 9:15 Saturday.
If you are head to FLL, the airport is encouraging you to seek alternate means of transportation. Parking garages are near — or at — capacity. Airport officials took the rare step on Friday of suggesting travelers use taxi or “ride share” services instead of counting on available parking at the airport.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?