Quiet Now Does Not Mean Quiet Hurricane Season…
BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Atlantic and Gulf are relatively quiet right now with the exception of one system that may (or may not) affect the Florida Panhandle along the coast to Texas. It has a low percentage of development, but is still being watched. The peak of hurricane season is early September, with most activity occurring in the August to October range. The point: don’t mistake the quiet now to mean the whole season will be silent.
This is the Tuesday outlook from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Northern Gulf of Mexico: A couple of weak low pressure systems embedded along a surface trough are producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms over the northern Gulf of Mexico, with some of that activity now spreading inland over the Florida Panhandle. The surface trough is expected to meander near the northern Gulf coast through the end of the week, but gradual development will only be possible if it remains over water during that time. Regardless of development, heavy rains will pose a risk of flash flooding along portions of the northern Gulf coast from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle over the next several days. For more information about the potential for heavy rain and flooding, please see products issued by your local National Weather Service office and the Weather Prediction Center. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident