No, Your Loved One Isn’t In Custody, And Bond Form With “GMail”Address Is Fake…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The call you received from someone claiming that your loved one is in jail and that you must pay bond — to a Palm Beach County “Gmail” Account — is fake. But people are falling for it and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office wants you to know it isn’t real.
PBSO just issued this statement: “there is an imposter calling members of the community and claiming to be an employee with Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (using various different names). This imposter is advising the recipient of the call that a family member is in custody for a domestic related charge and they have a bond of $ 10,000. The imposter goes on to say if the receipt pays 10% of the bond the family member can be released. The imposter/suspect then emails the family member a pre-filled AO99 Appearance Bond of witness forms obtained from the courts system from email address firstname.lastname@example.org this is NOT a Palm Beach County Sheriff Office email!”
Adds the Sheriff’s Office with several underlined words: “THIS IS A SCAM! PBSO Employees DO NOT CALL or EMAIL for BOND MONEY (payment in ANY format for ANYTHING including; Bond payments) or ask for ANY personal Information.
If you receive a call or email like this or any other SCAM HANG UP and CALL PBSO non-emergency number at 561-688-3400, the nearest law enforcement agency or if necessary, call 911!”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident
- OUT: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday