BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Popular burger shop “The Habit Burger Grill” is facing an “administrative complaint” from a health inspector with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The restaurant was cited on July 13th. It was also cited on June 17th.
According to documents reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, The Habit apparently has a bad habit of operating in violation of Florida rules and regulations. The restaurant is required to have a Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants license, but does not. The license on display in the restaurant is expired. The Habit was warned several weeks before its latest inspection.
Additionally, there is supposed to be a “certified food manager” or person in charge who is trained in employee health policy and health requirements, but there was not at the time of the inspection. And there is supposed to be a “certified food manager” in charge who is trained in food borne illnesses, but again, there was not.
The Habit Burger Grill was not required to shut down, but is now subject to a second, unannounced inspection where another failure could lead to more serious consequences. While an “Administrative Complaint” is considered serious, Florida DBPR does provide an opportunity for restaurants to resolve the deficiency. Whether The Habit Burger Grill will upon the next inspection remains to be seen.
The Habit is located at 5560 North Military Trail, Suite 326-328, in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students