BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — We love doom and gloom as much as anyone in the news business, but facts are facts. The latest facts from a trusted source do not support the growing narrative that COVID-19 is spreading wildly in Palm Beach County. In fact, the opposite seems to be true.
Kinsa Health, which is the company behind a connected thermometer that provided troves of data during the worst parts of the COVID pandemic, says that Palm Beach County is holding at a moderate level of illness, while “COVID-19 cases are very low and stable.” We relied on Kinsa — as did many in the media — to provide an unfiltered look at what was truly happening during the ups and downs of COVID coverage.
Using anonymous data connected by hundreds of thousands of thermometers that transmit to the cloud, Kinsa is able to track current illness spread versus “normal” illness spread. The company was credited for accurately predicting the first wave of COVID-19 worldwide, and then credited repeatedly for predicting and tracking subsequent waves.
While Kinsa held Palm Beach County at a 99 — or “critical level — for weeks or months at a time, it currently says there is little to worry about. There are colds and viruses going around, but COVID seems to be largely under control. Kinsa also reports that all of Florida remains in the “low and stable” category as of its Friday report.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector
- JESUS JAILED BY BOCA RATON POLICE DAYS BEFORE HOLY HOLIDAY
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet