BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Broward Sheriff’s Deputy was “grazed” by a bullet when responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning. Deputies returned fire, shooting and killing the suspect. BSO issued this advisory at 11 a.m. Saturday:
“Shortly before 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 23, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call in the 1700 block of South State Road 7 in North Lauderdale. When deputies made contact with the adult male subject, the subject produced a firearm and fired at deputies, grazing one of the deputies in the head. Deputies returned fire striking the male subject.”
“The subject was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The deputy who was struck was also transported to an area hospital and is expected to recover. BSO’s Homicide Unit detectives, Crime Scene Unit investigators and Internal Affairs investigators responded to the scene. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement will investigate the deputy-involved shooting. Motorists are urged to avoid the area of South State Road 7 between Southwest 17th Street and Bailey Road.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?