CLAIM: Incompetent Staff, Negligence Led To Sepsis, Death.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Manor Care Delray Beach, a nursing and rehabilitation center, is facing another lawsuit. This time for wrongful death. The suit was just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com and republished below, incompetent staff members neglected to provide reasonable care, supervision, assistance, and preventable injury to Muriel Stern.
“As a result of Manor Care’s negligence, Stern suffered preventable injury, including but not limited to preventable infections, including sepsis, and delayed treatment of said infections. The injuries plagued Muriel Stern until her death on September 2, 2021.”
Among the specific allegations listed in the complaint, Manor Care, ”failed to repent physical injury and abuse; failed to properly assess skin breakdown, pressure ulcers and infection; failed to properly respond to skin breakdowns, pressure ulcers, and infections; failed to properly assess risk of falls, wandering, transfer injuries and unsupervised ambulation; failure to provide appropriate hygiene; failure to keep the resident clean and to change diapers and linens.”
The suit seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Read details of other Manor Care suits here. Read the complete complaint, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Luis Vuitton Bag Incident
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD