In Florida, Even A Seemingly Small Unpaid Assessment Can Lead To HOA Foreclosure.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you live in community with a Homeowners Association, you need to pay all dues and fees on time. If you don’t, no matter how small the amount, your community may foreclose on your home. That’s exactly what’s happening in Boca Chase.
A lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court claims that Vanetta Dally of 10823 Waterberry Drive in Boca Raton has failed to pay fees and dues of $1,125 on a townhouse that was purchased in 2008 for $121,000.
According to the suit, the trouble started when the homeowner failed to make required HOA payments valued at a few hundred dollars earlier this year. As the months passed, the amount owed increased. At the time the lawsuit was filed, the owner owed at least $1125.
No matter how inconsequential the amount may seem, HOA’s may foreclose on your home if you do not pay all fees and dues when required. Homeowner Associations have broad, far-reaching powers in Florida. If your HOA says you must pay, quite simply, you must pay.
Boca Chase HOA is represented by Boca Raton Attorney Daniel Wasserstein. The were no immediate response to the suit filed by the defendant.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police