But It’s Not Expected To Survive The Weekend.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE 2:14 p.m. — The wave is dead. There is currently no activity of note in the Atlantic.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The tropical wave that’s been meandering its way across the far eastern Atlantic is still meandering its way across the far eastern Atlantic. The good news: the probability of development has plummeted to just 10 percent, meaning it’s likely this system will die without ever being named.
While NOAA is still calling for an “Above Average” hurricane season, it’s unlikely that this wave will turn into anything memorable. Here is the Thursday morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center.
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 AM EDT Thu Aug 11 2022
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Central Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave located about 800 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce some disorganized shower activity. Upper-level winds are expected to become increasingly unfavorable for development during the next couple of days while the system moves generally west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph across the tropical Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired