But It’s Not Expected To Survive The Weekend.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE 2:14 p.m. — The wave is dead. There is currently no activity of note in the Atlantic.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The tropical wave that’s been meandering its way across the far eastern Atlantic is still meandering its way across the far eastern Atlantic. The good news: the probability of development has plummeted to just 10 percent, meaning it’s likely this system will die without ever being named.
While NOAA is still calling for an “Above Average” hurricane season, it’s unlikely that this wave will turn into anything memorable. Here is the Thursday morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center.
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 AM EDT Thu Aug 11 2022
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Central Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave located about 800 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce some disorganized shower activity. Upper-level winds are expected to become increasingly unfavorable for development during the next couple of days while the system moves generally west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph across the tropical Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area