Landlord Wants Cigar Lounge Out… Says Owner Owes More Than $80K…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Club True Cigar Lounge at 3360 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton is facing an eviction lawsuit after the property owner says the lounge owes more than $80,000 in back rent.
According to the suit, which you can read in its entirety below on BocaNewsNow.com, Club True Cigar Lounge first entered into an agreement with Boca Plaza, LLC, in November of 2019. All was good and fine as that lease progressed, but trouble started when Club True entered into an updated agreement in May of 2021. The business has allegedly had a problem paying the $9,872.65 due each month.
According to the lawsuit, “The Defendants have failed and refused to pay the full amount of rent due for the premises on a timely basis and owe the Plaintiff $80,749.41 for rent arrearages through the date hereof.”
“The Defendants’ failure to pay the monthly payments in full as the same became due constitutes a material breach of the Lease between the parties. On or about August 3, 2022, Defendants were mailed a copy of a Notice to Pay Rent or Deliver Possession upon Plaintiff (hereinafter referred to as the “Notice”). The Notice contained a disclaimer which stated that it may not include amounts due for back rents. Despite the demand therefore, Defendants have failed and refused to either pay Plaintiff or deliver possession of the premises pursuant to the Notice.”
Read the complete filing, below. As of 6 a.m. Monday, August 15, 2022, no response to the suit had been filed by representatives of Club True Cigar Lounge. Boca Plaza LLC is represented by Attorney Jason Lazar of Boca Raton.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton