David Jensen Dead In Lighthouse Point. Investigation Continues.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Pompano Beach resident David Jensen, 60, is dead after crashing his car into a pole in Lighthouse Point. The Broward Sheriff’s Office says Jensen was driving “aggressively” when he lost control and slammed into a utility pole.
The agency issued this statement: “According to detectives, at approximately 8:26 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 27, David Jensen was driving a 2005 Ford Mustang southbound on North Federal Highway. Jensen was the sole occupant of the vehicle. Jensen drove through a patch of water, lost control of the vehicle and veered off in a southwesterly direction. The vehicle crossed several lanes, struck the concrete curb and entered the sidewalk where the driver’s side struck both a concrete utility pole and a wooden utility pole. The impact with the poles crushed the driver’s side of the vehicle, trapping Jensen inside the vehicle. The impact also dislodged the poles from the ground.
Lighthouse Point Fire Rescue responded and pronounced Jensen deceased on scene.
Detectives said witnesses advised that prior to the crash, Jensen drove aggressively — squealing his tires, weaving in and out of traffic and fishtailing. At this time, excessive speed is considered a contributing factor in the crash. Toxicology results are pending.
BSO is investigating the crash at the request of the Lighthouse Point Police Department.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441