DRIVING HEADACHES CONTINUES IN WEST BOCA RATON, WEST DELRAY BEACH.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The pop-up construction now snarling traffic on Clint Moore Road betwen U.S. 441 to east of Lyons Road will continue for several months, according to information provided to BocaNewsNow.com from the Palm Beach County Engineering and Public Works Department.
BocaNewsNow.com first reported on the project several days ago, as the lane closures exacerbated the dormant $10M road widening project on Lyons Road that’s leading to massive traffic tie-ups and crashes. The Lyons Road project — first expected to be completed by the end of the year — is now expected to continue well into the spring of 2023. Unmapped utility lines under Lyons Road required an emergency work stoppage several months ago. The work has yet to resume.
On Clint Moore, a smaller road widening project was supposed to have little overlap with the Lyons Road situation, but that was before the Lyons Road emergency stoppage. Palm Beach County Officials say that the $800,000 Clint Moore project was always slated to start in September and couldn’t be delayed. The overlap is now significant and causing problems. Clint Moore is down to one lane in each direction at the Lyons Road intersection, and there are turning lane restrictions on Lyons Road — both north and south — at Clint Moore.
The Clint Moore project is expected to continue at least through Thanksgiving.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.