Homeowner Owes $4200. HOA Could Take $600,000 House.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another homeowner is learning the hard way that if you do not pay your Homeowner’s Association dues in Florida, your Homeowner’s Association can take your house.
Michael Amato, according to a just-filed complaint, owes the Valencia Shores HOA $4,293.83. The HOA has apparently asked for the money for months, but Amato has not paid. Now, the Valencia Shores HOA has initiated foreclosure proceedings in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
“On December 23, 2021,” states the complaint, “Plaintiff sent a thirty-day Notice of Late Assessment to the Defendant, Michael Amato, related to all outstanding maintenance. On February 15, 2022, the Plaintiff sent an HOA Notice of Intent to Record a Claim of Lien to the Defendant, Michael Amato, related to all outstanding maintenance. Defendant Michael Amato’s assessments are delinquent and Plaintiff is entitled to foreclose its Claim of Lien for assessments.”
Valencia Shores is represented by Attorney Ashley Tulloch of Frank, Weinberg, and Black in Plantation. Zillows values the home, in the 9800 Block of Tallyrand Drive in Lake Worth, as being worth just under $600,000. The lawsuit was just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH