Map Suggests South Florida Should Be Aware, For Now.
BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
READ THE LATEST UPDATE, HERE.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center continues to monitor two tropical waves east of Florida, with at least one showing conditions conducive to development. A third wave also exists, closer to Florida, but has not developed to the point of being added to the Hurricane Center’s map. We remind our readers that the ovals seen on the NHC map, above, indicate where a system may develop — not necessarily a direction of travel. It remains too early to know if any of these waves will become an issue for Florida.
The latest Tropical Weather Outlook from the National Hurricane Center follows:
ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 AM EDT Tue Sep 13 2022
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Central Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave located roughly midway between the west coast of Africa and the Windward Islands continues to produce a concentrated area of showers and thunderstorms. Additional development of this system is possible over the next several days while it moves generally westward to west-northwestward over the central tropical Atlantic and approaches the Windward Islands by the end of the week.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
- Eastern Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave located about a hundred miles southeast of the easternmost Cabo Verde Islands is producing an area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear only marginally favorable, and any development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves westward or west-northwestward across the eastern tropical Atlantic through the end of the week.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH