No Threat At This Point. Forecast Evolving.
BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center just before 10 p.m. upgraded Tropical Depression Seven to Tropical Storm Fiona.
This is the mid-evening update from the National Hurricane Center:
361 WTNT62 KNHC 150145 TCUAT2
Tropical Storm Fiona Tropical Cyclone Update NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL072022 945 PM AST Wed Sep 14 2022
… DEPRESSION STRENGTHENS TO A TROPICAL STORM…
Satellite data indicate that the depression has strengthened to a tropical storm with maximum winds estimated to be near 50 mph (85 km/h). This will be incoporated in the next advisory that will be released before 11 pm AST (0300 UTC).
SUMMARY OF 945 PM AST…0150 UTC… INFORMATION ———————————————- LOCATION…16.8N 52.0W ABOUT 645 MI…1040 KM E OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…50 MPH…85 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT… W OR 280 DEGREES AT 14 MPH…22 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1002 MB…29.59 INCHES
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area