Overnight Wreck On Sawgrass Closes Highway Just South Of Boca Raton.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that a 36-year-old man from Parkland died overnight in a wrong-way crash on the Sawgrass Expressway near Lyons Road. The crash happened around 1:30 Sunday morning.
According to FHP, a man driving a 2018 Chevy Tahoe was driving the wrong way — eastbound on the westbound Sawgrass Expressway — upon the inside paved emergency shoulder. At the same time, a man driving a 2018 Chevy Traverse was traveling the correct way on the westbound Sawgrass.
As the Traverse approached the Tahoe, the driver of the Tahoe entered traffic facing the wrong way. The Tahoe crashed into the Traverse head-on. The driver of the Traverse, the 36-year-old Parkland man, died after being rushed to Broward Health North.
The driver of the Tahoe, a 33 year-old-man from Lauderhill, sustained incapacitating injuries. It remains unclear why the man was driving the wrong way on the Sawgrass which was subsequently closed for several hours overnight. The FHP investigation continues.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW