$1.4M House. $1M Mortgage. Lawsuit Over $40,000 In New Boca Raton Home.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton couple is allegedly refusing to pay for the swimming pool they contracted “Floridian Pools” to install at their home in the new, upscale community of Boca Bridges.
In a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Floridian Pools, Inc., alleges that Donnie Upshaw and Nichole Upshaw owe $43,205 on a pool installation valued at $90,100. The Upshaws purchased their 7600-square-foot residence on Benedetta Place in Boca Bridges for $1,444,220 in April of 2021 and carry a roughly $1M mortgage, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts. The contract to build the pool was signed electronically on July 27, 2021.
It’s unclear why the Upshaws are refusing to pay. No countersuit has been filed. Floridian Pools, Inc, has no history of litigation in Palm Beach County.
The $90,100.00 pool itself is 11 feet by 35 feet, with the depth ranging from 3’6” to 5’6”. It also includes many extras: A 9×9 spa, a custom sun shelf, 3 stepping stones, a five-foot aluminum fence with one gate, 2 Cazo 24-inch Fire and Water bowls, 4 Pentair Globrite LED lights, an ECO circulation system, and a 2-year-labor warranty. Floridian Pools threw in two complimentary chaise ledge loungers to seal the deal. Read the complete lawsuit, below.Boca-Bridges-Pool-Suit
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching