$1.4M House. $1M Mortgage. Lawsuit Over $40,000 In New Boca Raton Home.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton couple is allegedly refusing to pay for the swimming pool they contracted “Floridian Pools” to install at their home in the new, upscale community of Boca Bridges.
In a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Floridian Pools, Inc., alleges that Donnie Upshaw and Nichole Upshaw owe $43,205 on a pool installation valued at $90,100. The Upshaws purchased their 7600-square-foot residence on Benedetta Place in Boca Bridges for $1,444,220 in April of 2021 and carry a roughly $1M mortgage, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts. The contract to build the pool was signed electronically on July 27, 2021.
It’s unclear why the Upshaws are refusing to pay. No countersuit has been filed. Floridian Pools, Inc, has no history of litigation in Palm Beach County.
The $90,100.00 pool itself is 11 feet by 35 feet, with the depth ranging from 3’6” to 5’6”. It also includes many extras: A 9×9 spa, a custom sun shelf, 3 stepping stones, a five-foot aluminum fence with one gate, 2 Cazo 24-inch Fire and Water bowls, 4 Pentair Globrite LED lights, an ECO circulation system, and a 2-year-labor warranty. Floridian Pools threw in two complimentary chaise ledge loungers to seal the deal. Read the complete lawsuit, below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Rina And Philippe Remain East Of Florida, New Wave May Form
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting