ERIC BROWN DIED. MIGUEL ODUARDO IN CUSTODY.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Miguel Oduardo is facing a DUI Manslaughter charge after allegedly causing a crash in November of 2021. The crash, at 500 West Yamato Road, left Boca Raton resident Eric Brown dead. Brown was 40 years old.
According to the police report, which BocaNewsNow.com is publishing in its entirety, below, Oduardo was nearly three times the legal limit for blood or breath alcohol at the time of the wreck. Police say he provided one sample of .206, followed by a second sample yielding a result of .140. The legal limit in Florida is .08.
Traffic homicide investigations often take a year in Florida for completion. Oduardo was arrested Wednesday afternoon and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 5:28 p.m. He remains held without bond Thursday morning.
Eric Brown, according to police, was driving a motorcycle at the time of the crash. Oduardo allegedly cut in front of Brown while executing a turn. Brown was transported to Delray Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Read the complete report, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching