BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — So far it’s just delays at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International and Palm Beach International Airports, but those delays will likely become cancellations over the next two days. Both airports — and all airlines — are encouraging travelers to check airline websites before heading to the airport for a trip. Your flight very well may be delayed or canceled.
Miami International Airport remains open although several flights are canceled or delayed.
On Florida’s West Coast, the Tampa Airport is set to close later Tuesday. All flights in and out of the airport will be canceled. The Sarasota Airport closes at 8 p.m. until further notice. The Fort Myers Airport — known as RSW or “Regional Southwest” — had not announced a closure as of midday Tuesday.
Delta, American, United, JetBlue, Spirit, and others have announced waivers for flights that need to be changed as a result of Hurricane Ian. Check with your airline directly to learn what refunds or no-cost changes are available to you.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!