DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AT FLL, PBI, MIA. FLORIDA WEST COAST AIRPORTS ARE SHUT.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — All South Florida airports are reporting significant delays and cancellations as Hurricane Ian approaches. Miami International, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International, and Palm Beach International remain open, but airlines are delaying and canceling flights.
Nationwide, 1,905 flights have been canceled as of 7:40 a.m. The statistic includes flights into, out of, and within the United States, according to the FlightAware.com “misery map.”
The Tampa Airport (TPA), Sarasota Airport (SRQ), and the Fort Myers Airport (RSW) are all closed until further notice.
While South Florida airports remain open, check with your airline before heading to the airport — there is a good chance your flight will not fly today.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees