BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2022 AT 9:30 AM: There are now TWO tropical waves. Read the latest here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The developing tropical wave southeast of Florida is showing signs of significant development, but the good news Saturday evening is that it appears to be heading in a direction that is unlikely to directly impact Florida.
The wave, according to the National Hurricane Center, has a 70 percent chance of becoming a tropical depression within five days. While its general direction is north/northwest, it appears to be on a trajectory that will miss Florida. Even so, the NHC reminds that the oval you see above indicates where a system may form, not necessarily a direction of travel.
This is the Saturday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center:
- Eastern Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands. This activity has changed little in organization over the past day or so, but environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development of this system. A tropical depression is likely to form during the early to middle part of next week while the system moves westward and then turns northwestward at 5 to 10 mph over the eastern tropical Atlantic. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure