BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Palm Beach County woman visiting Bedner’s Farm off 441 in Boynton Beach is suing the farm — claiming she was the victim of an incident at the petting zoo.
According to the suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Debra Sandler went to Bedner’s on March 6, 2022, “to see and enjoy the activities of the Animal Edventures.” The suit says Animal Edventures “was an exotic animal encounter providing access to a petting zoo, feeding area, and exotic animal area.”
Sandler claims that the pavers she used to access the “Animal Edventures” area were uneven, causing her to fall. She also says that Bedner’s, and “Pet N’ Parties, Inc,” which runs Animal Edventures, knew there was a paver problem and did nothing to fix it.
We note that Bedner’s displays a large sign warning of the potential for injury on a working farm, and advising that under Florida law, a visitor enters the farm at his or her own risk. Even so, Sandler is suing, saying that she “was injured in and about her body and extremities, suffered pain therefrom, incurred medical expense in the treatment of the injuries, and suffered physical handicap and impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, aggravation of a previously existing condition, and an impaired working ability.”
Read the complete filing, below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NAKED TACO OWNER JAILED, ASSAULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON, CHILD ABUSE
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning