BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Palm Beach County woman visiting Bedner’s Farm off 441 in Boynton Beach is suing the farm — claiming she was the victim of an incident at the petting zoo.
According to the suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Debra Sandler went to Bedner’s on March 6, 2022, “to see and enjoy the activities of the Animal Edventures.” The suit says Animal Edventures “was an exotic animal encounter providing access to a petting zoo, feeding area, and exotic animal area.”
Sandler claims that the pavers she used to access the “Animal Edventures” area were uneven, causing her to fall. She also says that Bedner’s, and “Pet N’ Parties, Inc,” which runs Animal Edventures, knew there was a paver problem and did nothing to fix it.
We note that Bedner’s displays a large sign warning of the potential for injury on a working farm, and advising that under Florida law, a visitor enters the farm at his or her own risk. Even so, Sandler is suing, saying that she “was injured in and about her body and extremities, suffered pain therefrom, incurred medical expense in the treatment of the injuries, and suffered physical handicap and impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, aggravation of a previously existing condition, and an impaired working ability.”
Read the complete filing, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.