Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Say Both Will Survive, Explain What Happened…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE 12:30 p.m. — The suspect is now identified as Nitin Mathew of 5310 Madison Road in Delray Beach.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man threatening to stab his mother and then kill himself was shot by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday night as deputies attempted to diffuse the situation. The mother — being held by the man — was also shot. Both are expected to recover.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office issued this statement:
“Deputies responded to an armed attempted suicide in the 5300 block of Madison Road, unincorporated Delray Beach. Upon arrival deputies located a male threatening to stab his mother and commit suicide. Deputies began a dialogue with the individual and at some point during their dialogue the individual/suspect grabs his mother and threatens to kill her. PBSO deputy discharged his firearm striking the individual in the shoulder and the mother in the elbow.
Both the suspect and mother were transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Once the suspect is released from the hospital he will be charged with the following:
· Aggravated assault with deadly weapon (domestic)
· Attempted murder
· False imprisonment while armed
The PBSO deputy involved in the shooting is on paid administrative leave which is standard department protocol.
FDLE (the lead investigators), PBSO Violent Crimes detectives and the State Attorney’s Office investigators are investigating this Deputy Involved Shooting further.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!