UPDATE 5 p.m. FRIDAY: Likely To Die Next Week…
BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATED: 5 p.m. Friday, October 14, 2022
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s okay to exhale. The National Hurricane Center, in its Friday afternoon update, says the tropical wave that seems to be on an ominous trajectory for South Florida is unlikely to survive the first part of next week.
While it’s still too early to predict exactly what will happen, it seems the chance of this becoming a problem is significantly lower now than it was a day ago.
The National Hurricane Center issued this “outlook” Friday evening:
Eastern Tropical Atlantic: Showers and thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave located several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands have decreased during the past several hours. Environmental conditions appear only marginally conducive for gradual development through the weekend while the wave moves generally westward at about 10 mph. Further development will become unlikely by early next week due to increasing upper-level winds.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police