Boca Raton Community Member Owed More Than $10,000 In Dues. Court Orders Sale.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca West Condominium owner Deborah Robinson is learning the hard way what BocaNewsNow.com has been reporting for years: if you don’t pay your HOA, Condo, or other Association dues, you can lose your home. That’s exactly what’s about to happen to her residence in Boca West.
According to a year’s worth of court filings reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, Robinson neglected to join — or pay — the Boca West Country Club upon moving into the community. Fines were assessed at $75 a day, and eventually topped $10,000. That’s when the Boca West Condominium Association initiated foreclosure proceedings. After a few starts and stops, the foreclosure was approved.
Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts Joseph Abruzzo is now ordered to sell the property at auction on December 13th.
Under Florida law, if you do not pay your condo association, homeowners association, property owner association, or other association fees — no matter how outrageous you believe them to be, or how minimal the charges are — you face the risk of foreclosure. Read the complete complaint as initially filed by Boca West, below.Boca-west
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure