BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center says the location of the latest tropical wave is notable, but unlikely to develop into a system that will impact New York, Rhode Island, Vermont or Massachusetts.
This is the Sunday afternoon update from the NHC:
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Sun Oct 23 2022
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Central Subtropical Atlantic: A trough of low pressure located well to the east of Bermuda continues to produce disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions are not expected to be particularly conducive, and any subtropical or tropical development of the system should be slow to occur while it moves generally west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph across the subtropical Atlantic. By the middle part of this week, further development appears unlikely as the system turns northward over the cooler waters of the northwestern Atlantic and encounters stronger upper-level winds.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure