Fire Department Called During Dismissal. Investigator Summoned To Scene…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A small fire at West Boca Raton Community High School was quickly resolved by Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Monday afternoon, but became a notable event due to the timing of the call.
Firefighters were called to the school for a small fire in a boys bathroom around 2:45 p.m. — right as dismissal was underway. The fire was apparently quickly extinguished, but firefighters had to contend with teens and parents in the midst of the always hectic afternoon dismissal from the school.
No one was injured and initial reports suggest that the small fire was quickly extinguished. It was not clear what led to the fire. A fire investigator was called to the scene just after 3 p.m.
UPDATE: Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that this was a trash can fire and damage to the school is “minimal.”
This is a developing story. Check back for updates…
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him