BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man claimed that a gun fight was imminent at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. There was no gunfight, and now the man is in jail.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office issued this statement mid-day Tuesday: “Detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Threat Management Unit (TMU) arrested a Lauderhill man for charges related to false report of firearms at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
According to investigators, at around 12:30 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 25, Datron Devonne Roscoe contacted the Broward County Regional Communications Emergency Dispatch and stated that there was going to “be a big guns fight shootout at the airport” and that “there’s gonna be a lot of gun fire call everybody.”
BSO deputies and TMU detectives responded to investigate. Roscoe was located at Terminal 4 and was taken into custody. The threat was determined to be unfounded.
Roscoe is currently being held at BSO Main Jail and faces one count of false reporting concerning the use of a firearm and one count of misuse of 911.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella