BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Atlantic Hurricane Season continues until the end of November, and it remains active in late October. The National Hurricane Center says two tropical depressions may form within the next few days. One may form southeast-ish of Florida, the other to the northeast of Florida.
This is the Tropical Outlook from the National Hurricane Center for Thursday, October 27th:
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 AM EDT Thu Oct 27 2022
For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Southwestern Atlantic: A trough of low pressure stretching from the eastern Caribbean Sea northward to the southwestern Atlantic continues to produce a broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. The northern part of this trough axis is expected to result in the formation of a surface cyclone later today. Environmental conditions then appear marginally conducive for additional subtropical development, and a subtropical depression could form over the next couple of days while the system initially moves northward and then meanders to the west or southwest of Bermuda. By this weekend, upper-level winds are forecast to become less conducive for development.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…40 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
- Eastern Caribbean: An area of low pressure is expected to form over the eastern Caribbean Sea this weekend, possibly related to the southern part of an existing trough of low pressure over the area. Thereafter, environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development, and a tropical depression could form by early next week while the disturbance moves generally westward or west-northwestward into the central Caribbean Sea.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired